ATL - Anti Torque Lamells20/08/2017
Dear pilots, from April 2017 you can order your Virus paramotor , equipped with our new dynamic torque compensation system ATL ( Anti Torque lamellss) , or to order a set ATL lamells to upgrade your own paramotor. (for more - see the following photo)
What is ATL system ?
The principle of the dynamic torque compensation at FLM & PPG is using aerodynamic surfaces to produce a force close , or identical with that of torque but with the opposite direction. This new product of ours - ATL (Anti Torque Lamells) is radically different engineering solution than those currently produced.
- ATL is set of aerodynamics lamells , who do not participate in the construction of the paramotor.
- ATL can be easily installed on paramotor safety net
- ATL is a multi element system and allows settings in all necessary aspects .
- by adding or removing elements can be achieved optimal compensation of the negative effect of the torque.
- ATL is a system applicable to more than 90% of the paramotors currently on the market.
- ... and last but not least - ATL is not a costly system .
ATL - L&R version ( for clockwise and counterclockwise engines )
... The Carbon Design - satin and glossy ... and optimized ( lower ) angle of attack (this leads to lower air drag) ... and with higher compensation force 35-45 km/h (airspeed) - 12-16 Nm
How to install ATL? - Easy !
1. Verify that you have chosen the right version of ATL depending on the direction of rotation of your prop ( clockwise or counter clockwise direction )
2. Select a position for installation ( more about " position of installation " - see " Settings and Adjusting ")
3. Install the "long side" of the lamell
4. Turn the lamell to lock this net line
5. Turn the lamell , to a position suitable for installation of the "short" side of the lamell
6. Lock the "short" side of the lamell
7. Remove, the protective tape
8. Apply pressure for better bonding
9. ... you are ready ... go to the next lamell
ATL Uni ( Universal )
1. If your net is different from that which we use in our paramotors ( 90 ° x 50 mm ) - you need ATL Uni . How to install ATL Uni ? Easy !
2. Mark the locations of the nodes
3. On marked items do half round cutouts ( any technology ... we recommend the round key file )
4. Mark the places for mounting channels
5. Cut channels with a width of 3-5 mm ( if using model knife - put a pad between the two layers of lamell ... and keep your hands ... they are yours :) )
6. ... of course you can use good scissors